help with setting up pager rule

smith.js.8 at pg.com smith.js.8 at pg.com
Fri Jan 27 21:18:58 CET 2006

I'm having problems getting a pager rule to work. What I want is to get paged
for any conn (connection) that is down more than 10 minutes, but not during
"normal business hours" (ie, M-F 8a-5p).

Here is what I have:

HOST=%.*\.(na|internal)\.pg\.com SERVICE=conn TIME=W:0800:1700 DURATION>10
    SCRIPT /usr/local/bin/skytel 800####### FORMAT=sms

Here's what happens. I get paged during the middle of the day when a system goes
down.

If I run the rule through the "test" mode, then it says it fails on the duration
rule. So if I remove the duration rule and test again, then it says it fails on
the time rule.

But, as I said, I'm getting pages in the middle of the day (when we're doing
maintenance).

Thoughts? Am I writing this rule correctly?

Scott