[hobbit] Repeat entries in bb-hosts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 23 22:07:29 CET 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 04:34:39PM -0300, mario andre wrote:

> In my bb-hosts I group the hosts by networks and now I would like to create
> another subpage to group ,for example, with all the database servers, but
> maintaining them on the respectively networks page too.
>
> How can I repeat entries in bb-hosts just to create the new page and the
> hobbit ignore this?

If you just want these hosts displayed on two (or more) pages, you
should have *one* place where you define them normally with all of the
various network tests you perform; and all other places you must have
them defined with

    0.0.0.0 host1.foo.com   # noconn

Hobbit will use the first (master) definition for all of the network
tests and other settings; in all of the other places it will
automatically copy the results and displays from the master definition.