[hobbit] Some newbie help

lars ebeling lars.ebeling at leopg9.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 19 09:32:27 CET 2006

You should add user hobbit to sudoers.

Lars
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Gilmore
  To: hobbit at hswn.dk
  Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:29 PM
  Subject: [hobbit] Some newbie help

  Can anyone help out a Linux newb with this error?

  Execution of '/usr/local/sbin/fping -Ae' failed - program not suid root?

  I am migrating our monitoring from BB installed on Windows to Hobbit on Linux.  I was able to successfully install FC4, all of the Hobbit subcomponents, and Hobbit.  Just this one error has me stumped.  I thought I corrected it by adding hobbit to the WHEEL group on FC and then editing sudoers file to uncomment WHEEL, but I still have the error.

  David Gilmore
  Consultant
  Stenhouse Consulting, LLC.
  4 Traverse St