[hobbit] purple clients problem

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 12 14:40:02 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 02:08:32PM +0100, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> >Please try setting BBGHOSTS to "2" in hobbitserver.cfg. Restart Hobbit,
> >and after 10 minutes check the "hobbitd" column on the Hobbit server.
> >Are there any hosts listed there ?
>
> Yes, all my missig clients are listed as ghost + 2 clients which are
> at both places (as ghosts and showing green dimonds)+ 1 client that just
> turned to purple.
>
> in ghosts file IP numbers are translated to nonqualified names - if
> compared with bb-hosts:
>
> in bb-hosts:
> ----
> 130.225.128.126   sieglinde.imada.sdu.dk
> 130.225.128.167   zaira.imada.sdu.dk
>
> ----
> in ghosts:
> 130.225.128.126 reported host sieglinde
> 130.225.128.167 reported host zaira
> -----

The hostname you see in the "ghosts" list is the hostname the the
clients use when they report data. This *must* match the one found
in the bb-hosts file, or Hobbit will simply discard the client message
because it doesn't know which host it belongs to.

So you can either change your clients to use the "--hostname" option
(e.g. use "--hostname=sieglinde.imada.sdu.dk" when calling
runclient.sh), or add "CLIENT:sieglinde" to the entries in the
bb-hosts file.