[hobbit] DNS reboot causes purples

Bill Perez billieperez at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:18:55 CET 2006

Which tests are going purple ? The network tests (conn, smtp, http etc.)
or the client-side tests (cpu, disk, memory ...) ?

Henrik - It is the network test (conn) that went purple for several
switches, router, windows servers, a unix server - there was really no
consistency in what went purple.  I was thinking of using the dns=ip switch
for bbtest-net to resolve this - do you think that is a viable solution or
would I be better off looking into setting up a caching DNS server on the
Hobbit server?

Thank you