[hobbit] Network tests stopped graphing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 5 23:30:57 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 03:31:29PM -0600, Scheblein, Adam wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> I have noticed that I am starting to have similar problems, however they
> are with the memory graphs and when I try to do bb 127.0.0.1
> "hobbitdboard host=HOSTNAME fields=msg"  (replacing HOSTNAME with the
> hostname) I get the following error:
>
> bb: Can't open 127.0.0.1

I don't know which "bb" command you're using, but that error message
does not look like anything that I wrote in the Hobbit "bb" utility.
In fact, I checked and
   henrik at osiris:~/hobbit$ grep -i "can.t open" */*.c
finds no matches in my Hobbit sources.

A connect-error should give you either
   "connect to bbd failed - <OS errortext>"
or
   "Could not connect to bbd@<some more text>"

I think those two observations are un-related. Are your memory RRD files
being updated ? If not, are there any errors in the rrd-status.log file?
If you run (as the hobbit user)
   bbcmd hobbitd_channel --channel=status grep -A 10 "^@@.*|memory|"
do any memory status updates appear for these hosts, and what do they
look like ?