Monitoring NetWare - Changing between purple & green frequently

Tadd Moore TMoore at rooneyholdings.com
Fri Feb 17 20:37:23 CET 2006

Hello all,

I'm using the Perl/MRTGEXT.NLM combination designed for BigBrother to monitor NetWare systems (it's all I could find).  My problem is that the system on which I'm testing frequently changes between "purple" and "green/yellow" statuses for the items it's tracking.  This happens about every five minutes, which is to say it spends 5 minutes in the "purple" status for the MRTGEXT.NLM based tests, and 5 minutes or so in the normally reporting states.

I've tried playing around with the interval settings, to no real avail, but I'm not sure I know 100% what I'm doing.

Any help is greatly appreciated...Also, for what it's worth, here's some possibly relevant config entries:

BB-HOSTS:
192.168.26.7    mdfwfp16.tamu.rbc.app # ncp dns nwstats

HOBBITLAUNCH

[bbdisplay]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        GROUP generators
        CMD bbgen $BBGENOPTS --report
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-display.log
        INTERVAL 1m

[bbnet]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/bb-network.log
        INTERVAL 90

[nwstats]
        ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD $BBHOME/ext/nwstats2bb_wrap.sh
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/nwstats.log
        INTERVAL 1m