[hobbit] Memory check

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 8 16:46:53 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:26:31AM -0500, David Gilmore wrote:
> Ok I understand the concept.  However, I don't want to continue to receive
> Alerts because Linux is doing exactly what it is designed to do.  Does
> anyone have a script that can clear the buffers and stop hobbit from paging
> me?  Can I modify the script to only alert when REAL memory is at 100% or
> higher?  Or do I have to reboot my server ever morning to resolve this
> alert?  I currently have the alerts disabled, but I am concerned that I
> could miss a critical error

Assuming that you're using the Hobbit client on the Linux box, you
can just configure the client to only go red if the actual memory
usage goes above a certain threshold. In your hobbit-clients.cfg,
you would have

HOST=linux.foo.com
    MEMPHYS 100 101
    MEMACT   80  95
    MEMSWAP  40  70

Then it will stay green as long as the "actual" memory usage is
below 80%, go yellow when it's between 80-95%, and go red when
it is at 95% or higher.