Memory check

David Gilmore david at stenhouseconsulting.com
Wed Feb 8 01:41:23 CET 2006

My hobbit server (Fedora FC4) has 1.25 gig of memory installed.  When the
server is backed, up using Retrospect client, REAL memory usage spikes from
34% to 97% and stays at that level until a reboot.  When I check the system
performance, using the built in system monitor, user memory is at 18.9%.
Dell Open Manage is using the most memory at 3% with a few additional
processes between 1% and 2%.  Everything else is well under 1%.  What
exactly is hobbit reporting on when it says that Physical/Real memory is at
97%, Actual memory is at 17%, and Swap is at 0%?

Thanks,

David Gilmore
Consultant
Stenhouse Consulting, LLC.