bb-host include problem

McGraw, Robert P. rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 6 20:39:59 CET 2006

I am running hobbit 4.1.2p1 on a Solaris Sparc.

I want to monitor my entire clients to determine if that are up and
connected.

With a script I created a file of all clients for each subnet from a
database that includes all hosts. I run this when I add or remove hosts in
the database.

I then added an "include filename-of-clients" to the bb-hosts. The following
is an example of the include file.

128.999.3.40    abel.xxx.yyy.edu
128.999.3.39    agnesi.xxx.yyy.edu
128.999.3.212   ahlfors.xxx.yyy.edu
128.999.3.91    apostol-lp.xxx.yyy.edu
128.999.3.26    archimedes.xxx.yyy.edu

My bb-hosts looks as follows

page subnet3 Subnet3
include /homes/bb/hobbit/bb-host-include/bb-host-list-3

The web page is created for the clients and it has "conn info trends" header
for each client. Clients that are not pingable are marked red.

I also have entries in the data/rrd/hostname.domain.edu.

PROBLEM:

The problem is that when I click on any icon for a host, I get a page that
says "No such host".

What have I forgotten?

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                 EMAIL: rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Purdue University                         ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street                   FAX: (419) 821-0540
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067