[hobbit] Client information not showing up

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Dec 30 22:55:56 CET 2006

> "hobbitd", "disk", "cpu", "memory", "procs" and "load" are meaningless
> here. All of these are local tests and will show up regardless of what
> you put into bb-hosts, if there are any data to feed thm.

Ah, okie doke.

> And "hobbitd" only appears on the Hobbit *server*, not on any clients.

Ah, gotcha. I had misread, thought it was to check the hobbitd service on
the client. I take it that 'hobbitd' is synonymous with 'bbd' then?

> What happens if you run (on the Hobbit server):
>    bb 208.86.11.149 "pullclient"

Absolutely nothing. Hrm.
Checking the client's hobbitclient.log, I get lots of "Whoops ! bb failed
to send message - timeout" The other logs have nothing interesting;
successful startup, etc.

Where do I go next to track down the timeout?