[hobbit] Client information not showing up

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Dec 30 22:38:37 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:22:39PM -0700, Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> > You're missing a "pulldata" tag there, so hobbitfetch won't try to
> > contact this client.
>
> Actually, that was in the .default entry, which I neglected to post.
> Here are the relevant bb-hosts entries (probably with line wraparound):
>
> .default                defaultsettings        # testip pulldata hobbitd disk cpu memory procs load

"hobbitd", "disk", "cpu", "memory", "procs" and "load" are meaningless
here. All of these are local tests and will show up regardless of what
you put into bb-hosts, if there are any data to feed thm.

And "hobbitd" only appears on the Hobbit *server*, not on any clients.

> 208.96.11.148     hosting1.hostgis.com    # bbd
> 208.96.11.149     build64                 # ftp ssh https://208.96.11.149:10000/

What happens if you run (on the Hobbit server):

   bb 208.86.11.149 "pullclient"

It should dump the contents of the client message to the screen. If it
does, check your "Reports"->"Ghost clients" list and see what hostname
the client is *really* using when sending data to the Hobbit server;
it's also on the first line of that output from the bb command,e.g.
it looks like this here:

  31552:120
  client osiris,hswn,dk.linux linux
  [date]
  Sat Dec 30 22:34:31 CET 2006

If no data appears, then the problem is on the client side. Check the
logs there for any errors (in ~hobbit/client/logs/).