[hobbit] Client information not showing up

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Dec 30 22:22:39 CET 2006

> You're missing a "pulldata" tag there, so hobbitfetch won't try to
> contact this client.

Actually, that was in the .default entry, which I neglected to post.
Here are the relevant bb-hosts entries (probably with line wraparound):

.default                defaultsettings        # testip pulldata hobbitd
disk cpu memory procs load
208.96.11.148     hosting1.hostgis.com    # bbd
208.96.11.149     build64                 # ftp ssh
https://208.96.11.149:10000/

During my testing, I've also tried moving the contents of the .default
line into the individual host entries; this had no effect.

> And of course, make sure you have the "hobbitfetch" task enabled on the
> Hobbit server.

Got that:
[hobbitfetch]
        ENVFILE /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        CMD $BBHOME/bin/hobbitfetch --server=208.96.11.148 --no-daemon
--pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitfetch.pid
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitfetch.log

# ps aux | grep fetch
hobbit   16165  0.0  0.0   2672   604 ?        S    13:19   0:00
/usr/local/hobbit/server/bin/hobbitfetch --server=208.96.11.148
--no-daemon --pidfile=/usr//local/hobbit/log/hobbitfetch.pid

Other information:

A) When I restart the hobbit service and repeatedly do netstat to see
what's going on, I get many entries for it connecting to 208.96.11.148 --
this is the only host for which the tests are working properly. I do not
see any network activity in regards to the build64 host.

B) Not only is it showing "-" for the cpu, proc, etc. services, but the
report page is also showing "-" for the hobbitd service on build64.
According to the above bb-hosts file, the server should be testing for
that service (independently of the individual cpu/proc/mem/etc) and
alerting if it can't get a report, yes?