[hobbit] More than just green/red for HTTP cont= tests?

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 22:21:42 CET 2006

Maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find this question anywhere in the hobbit
mailing list archives...

Is there a way to have multiple HTTP cont= tests for a single web page, that
are for different
content checks for a different status color?  I currently have Hobbit
monitoring several
webpages which themselves are like mini-Hobbit display pages.  Depending on
the status of
those pages, I'd like hobbit to display either green, yellow, or red.
Currently, the cont= test
only checks if the content exists; if it does, it's green, otherwise, it's
red.

What I'm thinking is, is there a way to say something like
cont[=column];url;[expected_data_regexp];[alternate_data_regexp]

Where if "expected_data_regexp" is matched, the status is green.  If it
isn't matched,
it tries to match "alternate_data_regexp".  If *that* is matched, the status
is yellow.
If neither are matched, the status is reg.

Also, let me know if you all think this is going a little beyond the scope
of Hobbit.  Perhaps
I should be doing this test with an external script, rather than using an
http cont= test.  The
only problem would be, I'd have to make the script be able to read and parse
an http page...

Gary B.