Double and missing alerts

scott.brehm at l-3com.com scott.brehm at l-3com.com
Fri Dec 22 20:27:48 CET 2006

I've been getting double alert mails for one of my servers, and no
alerts for others. I'm wondering if the problem is related to my using
the UNMATCHED rule. It's not listed on the man page for
hobbit-alerts.cfg so I probably copied it from my earlier Big Brother
config without thinking. Is there an UNMATCHED equivalent in Hobbit?

Here's the current rules. I'm getting double e-mails for all tests on
atscm-setnas2.set.local. I'm also getting no alerts for the http test on
two servers that don't match the rules here. I didn't realize that until
I followed the info link for them and saw No Alerts Defined in the
alerting table.

HOST=* SERVICE=conn
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com COLOR=red

HOST=%atscm
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com EXSERVICE=conn COLOR=red

HOST=%atscs
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com EXSERVICE=conn DURATION>10 COLOR=red
	MAIL phil.lane at x.com DURATION>10 COLOR=red

HOST=%atssl
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com EXSERVICE=conn DURATION>10 COLOR=red
	MAIL stephanie.greer at x.com DURATION>10 COLOR=red

HOST=%atswv
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com EXSERVICE=conn DURATION>10 COLOR=red
	MAIL stephanie.greer at x.com DURATION>10 COLOR=red

HOST=atscmmail1.ats.ad.local SERVICE=pop3
	MAIL phil.lane at x.com COLOR=red

HOST=setnas1.set.local
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com EXSERVICE=conn COLOR=red
	MAIL charles.negus at x.com COLOR=red

HOST=atscm-setnas2.set.local
	MAIL charles.negus at x.com COLOR=red

UNMATCHED
	MAIL scott.brehm at x.com COLOR=red

Scott Brehm

IT Manager
L-3 Communications - Applied Technologies
3394 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego CA, 92121
858-720-4035