[hobbit] Question about Disk RULE

Richard Leon rleon at racenter.com
Wed Dec 20 23:25:12 CET 2006

That was it Greg,

Thanks !

        DISK %\/i.* 98 99

        DISK %\/j.* 98 99

        DISK %\/g.* 99 100

Works and I did need a \ before the /

Richard

  _____

From: Hubbard, Greg L [mailto:greg.hubbard at eds.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 3:17 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: RE: [hobbit] Question about Disk RULE

The trailing slash?  The % indicates a PCRE regular expression.  So you are
matching things that start with a forward slash, then have a letter, then
anything, then a trailing slash.  Perhaps you don't want that?  To match
/g05 you might say something like:

DISK %(^/g[0-9]+$) IGNORE

The ^ means "start of string"

The /g should match "/g"  I don't think a forward slash has to be escaped
(can't remember).  If so, then you have to put a backslash in front.

The [0-9]+ should match one or more digits

The $ should match the end of the string

Creating regular expressions is an art, and a source of good-natured geek
banter.  The goal is to create something that will match what you want, but
won't match what you don't want.  And getting too fancy can bite you.

If you just want to get a big hammer, try this:

DISK %/g0.* IGNORE

GLH

  _____