[hobbit] OpenBSD 4.0 hobbit client fails to connect

Gary Baluha gumby3203 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 16:25:13 CET 2006

I'm having an issue where one of my hobbit clients refuses to connect back
to the hobbit server.  It feels like I'm missing something stupid, like a
typo in the BBDISP setting or something, but I can't seem to find it.  The
error message I'm seeing in the hobbitclient.log file is:
2006-12-14 10:17:42 connect to bbd failed - No such file or directory
2006-12-14 10:17:42 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - Connection failed

I've seen posts about this error showing up in the cgierror log on the
hobbit server, but not for the hobbit client.  I can manually telnet to the
hobbit server over 1984 (including as the Hobbit user), so it's not a
networking issue.  This was working before, but it hasn't since I upgraded
from OpenBSD 3.8 to 4.0.

Any suggestions, even just so I can see a more detailed error message?