[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Dec 8 22:26:34 CET 2006

On Friday 08 December 2006 21:45, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> If it was running a Hobbit client, it should have saved the latest
> client message before it crashed, including the "ps" listing.
It saves the status when there is a change in the status.  But I didn't had a
proc monitor defined, so the status is white all the time.  Even during the
memory problem.  So when the box was rebooted, the status was overwritten :(

> It's a plain-text protocol. The easiest way to look at it is to run
>
>    hobbitd_channel --channel=status cat
>
> and just watch the messages go by. Each message begins with a line
>
>    @@status#1234|TIMESTAMP|HOSTNAME|
>
> and some more fields on the first line; then comes the text (if any)
> for the message - for a status message, this will be the raw message
> text. Finally, a line with "@@" marks the end of the message. It's
> pretty simple to work out the fields, except for the timestamps -
> there are timestamps for the time the message was received, the time of
> the last status change, the expiry time for ack's and disables etc.
> But for just storing it into a DB you probably don't need to care much
> about those. If you do, look at hobbitd/hobbitd.c and the
> posttochannel() routine which builds these messages.
Thx, as I said, I will write down the stuff I "learn".
What do you prefer?  That I send you my information or that I update my "own"
wiki?  (I installed twiki some weeks ago and already created a hobbit web).
I don't mind putting this twiki open for everybody so everyone can
contribute.

Stef