Additional Tests - iostat, top, losf

James Wade jkwade at futurefrontiers.com
Fri Dec 8 18:24:18 CET 2006

I am looking to implement some other tests, and

I was wondering if anyone had done these or if

Hobbit can do them:

1) IOSTAT:  I need to start tracking iostat of disk,nfs i/o.

Will hobbit do this or has anyone written

anything to do this.

As an example, iostat -xtn 5 5

(Solaris)

2)  TOP: Also, has anyone done anything with the

multicpu top command?  I'd like to use top to track

multiple CPU information, and what processes

are taking up the most memory and cpu.

3) LSOF:  Has anyone done anything with LSOF,

If I have a high iowait time as shown by iostat,

I'd like to use lsof to show me which processes

are writing to those busy disk or nfs i/o's.

Thanks..James