uptime column

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 22:58:37 CEST 2006

Hello all,

I have a question for you about the idea to separate the cpu column of
the uptime alert.

The idea would be to create a new column called  uptime which will be
yellow or red if it reboots.

The advantage is for history. When you actually look to the history to
find quickly when the server has rebooted in the past, it is not easy
to know if it was a reboot or a cpu alert, you have to click on each
different alert status to check the content. But, with this new
column, even if the width of each BB page is larger than before, it
would be so easy to list all reboots of a host.

I implemented this in BBWin and it is very appreciated by my
colleagues, so that's why I post the message to get the opinion of
you.

I think putting uptime alert in the cpu column was inherited from big
brother so may be it could be changed depending the agreement of
Henrik and hobbit users.

Henrik, what do you think about that ?

Etienne GRIGNON