[hobbit] case sensitive bb-hosts?

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Tue Aug 29 22:09:53 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:38:53PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
>

>>The fact that bb-hosts is case sensitive came as a bit of a surprise.  I
>>

>It isn't.
>
>I don't know what you did, but hostnames are always matched without
>caring about upper/lowercase. (Just to be sure, I double-checked this on
>a 4.2 install using both normal status- and client-messages).
>
>Hobbit *does* care about the full hostname, though. It is common for
>ghosts to appear because the bb-hosts entry uses a hostname with the
>domain included, and the clients send hostnames with no domain.
>

>Regards,
>Henrik

Hmmm....interesting...I installed this on RHEL4 x64 using a package
built from the spec file...I figured the lack of domain was what caused
this...however,  I didn't get all the tests to show (or the ghost to
disappear) until I made the case match...unfortunately I don't have
another server I can verify with...yet.

=G=