case sensitive bb-hosts?

Galen Johnson gjohnson at trantor.org
Tue Aug 29 05:38:53 CEST 2006

Not sure if this has come up before but I ran into an issue that I would
consider a bug...others may not as it's more of an annoyance.  After
setting up 4.2 and a BBWin machine I kept getting a ghost machine listed
under the hobbitd montor.  I had entered abc1.fqdn.test.com into the
bbhosts file...I got my connection and http info...I checked the hobbitd
monitor and saw a "ghost" ABC1...then I changed the entry to abc1...same
output...once I changed the entry in bb-hosts to ABC1 (an exact match of
the ghost in hobbitd), hobbit displayed the monitors as I would expect
it to.

The fact that bb-hosts is case sensitive came as a bit of a surprise.  I
would think you would want to run it through tolower...is there a reason
it was set to be case sensitive?  I can't think of a good reason for it
to do so.

=G=