[hobbit] New version of beastat.pl netapp.pl and dbcheck.pl

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Mon Aug 28 17:04:00 CEST 2006

Francesco Duranti wrote:

> I'll create some more definition for the next version so the user can
> just choose what to use... I'm also using only NFS on some filers and
> NFS/CIFS on some others or just ISCSI on another one...

That's cool.  I just made several stats defs to do the same thing, so I
have disk reads/writes on one graph, net in/out on another.

> I've preferred to put the snapshot out of disk space report to have a
> clean situation ...
> A warning on the snapshot can be a problem related to an oracle
> snapshot/backup that didn't worked so I've to send alert to db admin to
> check them...
> If you want to give it a try I can send a patch working with 4.2.0 (it
> should work from 4.2.0 to the last snapshot) but this will include also
> the graphs rrd function for dbcheck.pl and beastat.pl script and is a
> work in progress so it could work but it could also do bad thing :P
> (well it's running now by one week on my test and production system
> without problems).

As soon as I wrap up work on my main project, I'm going to get your
script working on my secondary hobbit server and start messing around.
I might be interested in that patch at that tiem.

> I'm trying to define what data to get next... The ifinfo also seems
> interesting (it also seems the only method to get byte counter related
> to network interface). I think the next think I'll get will be: cluster
> status, nfsstat, graphs for snapmirrored volumes and data related to
> snapvaulted volumes.

Those sound good.  I have most of those functions in use, so I can help test

> I've saw the statit command and it's nice the only thing not so good is
> the fact that it work in background

I agree.  I would not want to use statit to get the data from within
this script, but I'm not sure there is another method.  I was
researching that when I sent my email.

Other info I was thinking of adding to your script is aggregate status.

Tom