[hobbit] vmstat/cpu graphs for OS X

Scheblein, Adam adam.scheblein at marquette.edu
Fri Aug 25 16:54:36 CEST 2006

> > It would probably help to get some debugging output from the
> > hobbitd_rrd module. Do a "kill -USR2 <hobbitd_rrd PID>" and it will
> > start logging debugging output to the logfile. The next time your
> > Mac OS X client sends it's data, you should hopefully get some
> > info about what it tries to do. Repeat the kill-command to turn off
> > debugging.
>
> I have run that now, The strange thing is that I have 2 hobbitd_rrd
> processes...  I have run the kill -USR2 on both of the PID's  I will post
> the data once I get it

The error that is coming up is in rrd-status.log and it is

[date] [time] Host '[hostname]' reports vmstat for an unknown OS

Using UNAME I get the following information:
Uname -a
Darwin [hostname] 8.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.3.0: Mon Oct 3 20:04:04 PDT
2005; root:xnu-792.6.22.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

 Thanks,

 Adam