[hobbit] vmstat/cpu graphs for OS X

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 24 23:54:59 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 10:53:18AM -0500, Scheblein, Adam wrote:
> OK, so I put in the extra code and everything compiled without any issue, I
> recompiled both the server and the client with the new code and now vmstat
> data is being transmitted and the server is trying to graph the data,
> however, it keeps giving me a blank graph and displays nan for the values of
> the datapoints on the graph.  Am I missing something??

Maybe, or I missed something when I wrote up that cookbook for you.
You did restart Hobbit after installing the new hobbitd_rrd and
hobbitd_client modules, I suppose?

It would probably help to get some debugging output from the
hobbitd_rrd module. Do a "kill -USR2 <hobbitd_rrd PID>" and it will
start logging debugging output to the logfile. The next time your
Mac OS X client sends it's data, you should hopefully get some
info about what it tries to do. Repeat the kill-command to turn off
debugging.

(If you don't get anything in the hobbitd_rrd logfile, it's because the
client module doesnt send anything. So it fails to pickup the fact that
Mac OS X does have vmstat data now).

> Will it not graph if the values do not add up exactly to 100%??

It will, it doesn't know anything about these numbers adding up to 100.