[hobbit] Host Notes

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Tue Aug 15 00:28:24 CEST 2006

> 9) .... It's possible to have some more "w" directly on the ps command
> in the hobbit client? Something like ps -www ... Some long java commands
> are not displaying and the check on them is a bit difficult to do ...

I needed this as well, I changed the client ps command in
hobbitclient-linux.sh to "ps -Awwm". The extra w gave me the width I
needed, and the m allows me to make a "TRACK" graph of how many java
threads are spawned.

I don't think this should be the default though, as I also ended up
having to increase my MAXMSG_STATUS and MAXMSG_DATA lengths because of
the increased output generated by ps with those options.

-Charles