[hobbit] # of filesystems displayed in "disk" column is 1, but 5 in trends column

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 14 14:45:38 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:41:11AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> I feel like I've solved this problem before, but if so, I can't remember
> how.  :)
>
> I'm using some modified versions of the filerstats2bb perl scripts to
> collect data from my netapp filers, and ever since my upgrade from
> 4.1.2p1 -> 4.2.0, I no longer have 5 filesystems/graph displayed in the
> graph under the disk column.  I do have 5/graph in the graph under the
> trends column, though.

The "disk" column tries to count the number of entries in the disk
status message, and decides how many graphs to include based on that.
If you do a "view source" on the disk status webpage, you'll see a
"<!-- linecount:N -->" string showing what count it arrived at.

The "trends" column looks at what disk-RRD files exist; if you have some
filesystems that are not always reported, then there will be RRD-files
for these, but they will be missing from the disk status message -
hence the difference.