Problem with FILE check

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Sun Aug 13 21:03:32 CEST 2006

I've just upgraded the server and some client and I'm trying to
understand how to check for NFS mounted filesystem.
At this moment I'm just manually creating a file in the directory and
checking for it's existance.

I think I'm just doing something wrong with the configuration because
data seems to get to the hobbit server but I get green also if one of
the file don't exist. I'm also checking for the automatic upgrade using
the CLASS but it's not working...

It could be very nice to have the CLASS for the client somewhere on the
info page. I can see that at the end of the info page but it could be
better to see it near the hobbitversion or OS release...

What I have in the config file is:

Client-local.cfg
[servcluster]
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK
file:/prodQ8/appl/mounted
file:/collQ8/appl/mounted
clientupdate:rhel3_2cpu_drbd

Hobbit-clients.cfg
CLASS=servcluster
        FILE /prodQ8/appl/mounted red
        FILE /collQ8/appl/mounted yellow

This is the machine definition in the bb-hosts
0.0.0.0 itromlx101 #  ntpd ntp ssh !telnet CLASS:servcluster
0.0.0.0 itromlx102 #  ntpd ntp ssh !telnet CLASS:servcluster

In server/download I've a file called rhel3_2cpu_drbd.tar with the file
in the client/* directory I need to upgrade.

The server and the clients are all updated to 4.2.

This is what i get in the logfetch.hostname.cfg/status file in the tmp
of one of the client...
logfetch.ITROMLX101.cfg
log:/var/log/messages:10240
ignore MARK
file:/prodQ8/appl/mounted
file:/collQ8/appl/mounted
clientupdate:rhel3_2cpu_drbd

logfetch.ITROMLX101.status
/var/log/messages:676:676:676:676:676:676:676

This is what i get in the client data of one of the client

[file:/collQ8/appl/mounted]
ERROR: No such file or directory

[file:/prodQ8/appl/mounted]
type:100000 (file)
mode:444 (-r--r--r--)
linkcount:1
owner:49928 (bb)
group:49928 (bb)
size:53
clock:1155495338 (2006/08/13-20:55:38)
atime:1155490423 (2006/08/13-19:33:43)
ctime:1155490416 (2006/08/13-19:33:36)
mtime:1155490407 (2006/08/13-19:33:27)

[msgs:/var/log/messages]

[logfile:/var/log/messages]
type:100000 (file)
mode:640 (-rw-r-----)
linkcount:1
owner:0 (root)
group:49928 (bb)
size:676
clock:1155495338 (2006/08/13-20:55:38)
atime:1155495338 (2006/08/13-20:55:38)
ctime:1155493777 (2006/08/13-20:29:37)
mtime:1155493777 (2006/08/13-20:29:37)

[clientversion]

[clock]
epoch: 1155495338.084336
UTC: 2006-08-13 18:55:38 GMT

Someone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong with the configuration?

Thanks  a lot

Francesco