Automated Client Updates

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Aug 11 01:29:43 CEST 2006

I'm testing out the client update feature.  Here's my experience so far:
1. I read the directions, and prepared a client tarfile and placed it
(hobbitclient-420.tar) in the download directory.
2. I added the following to my client-local.cfg:
    [linux]
    log:/var/log/messages:10240
    ignore MARK
*   clientversion:hobbitclient-420*
3. I waited awhile (30+ mins) for the clients to update.
4. When I click the info column on some clients, it shows:
    *Client S/W:hobbitcli*
    Is it supposed to be truncated like that?  Does this indicate that
the new client is running? Is there any other way to verify the client
version? If not maybe it should be available in the "client data" status
somewhere.
*
*-Charles