[hobbit] content tests

Richard Leyton richard at leyton.org
Thu Aug 10 12:41:52 CEST 2006

You're probably overwriting one with the other by naming them both
'http'. I'd suggest you use different heading names, or don't specify
any heading names at all, in which case (I think), it defaults to
cont/cont2/cont3/etc, ie.

1.2.3.4    web-8  # ssh pulldata TRENDS:*,disk:disk|disk1
cont=monitor;http://prodsite.foo.com/monitor.php;SUCCESS
cont=amialiveornot;http://prodsite2.foo.com/amialiveornot.php;SUCCESS

... perhaps even a separate group for content tests, if you think
it'd crowd things out too much, then use a combotest to check them
both or combine them in a meaningful way.

To answer your other question, *if* they are overwriting each other,
you'll perhaps wind up with a 'flip flop' of alerts going red, then
green. That said, I don't know for sure how Hobbit server side
status messages to the server as it moves through the various sytem
tests.

r.

Richard Leyton - richard at leyton.org
http://www.leyton.org