[hobbit] AIX 5.2 clientdata problem (was: Note: Hobbit 4.2 re lease planned for Thursday Aug. 1 0.)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 9 16:02:52 CEST 2006

Hi Chris,

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 02:51:47PM +0100, Morris, Chris (Shared Services) wrote:
> You resolved the clientdata problem on 12th July. The hostdata module does
> not terminate, but just keeps saying
>
> "Our child has failed and will not talk to us: Channel clichg, PID  38436"

Could you try changing the hobbitd/hobbitd_channel.c around line 347 or so from
  errprintf("Our child has failed and will not talk to us: Channel %s, PID %d\n",
  errprintf("Our child has failed and will not talk to us: Channel %s, PID %d, cause %s\n",

This adds some additional info about what went wrong when we tried to
push a message to the hostdata module.

I *think* this might be a harmless problem, but I'd like to see what the
actual error message is.