Client crashes with logfetch

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Aug 7 17:56:04 CEST 2006

OK, several reports this afternoon shows that something is up with
the client-side "logfetch" utility.

The reason why it really blew up today is because I've been trying
to figure out what was wrong with it late last week, and some of the
experimental versions leaked out into the all-in-one patch and of
course also the snapshots.

I think I've got it under control now, and for testing I would like
all of you who have run into this problem to grab these two files:

  http://www.hswn.dk/beta/snapshot/configure.client
  http://www.hswn.dk/beta/snapshot/client/logfetch.c

First one goes in the top-level directory, second one goes into the
client/ directory. Build your clients with
    make distclean
    ./configure --client
    make
    make install
The "configure" step is essential!

Please report back whether it starts working again or not.

Thanks,