[hobbit] clientupdate and RC and version 4.2?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Aug 4 09:12:08 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 06:16:20PM +0000, David Gore wrote:
> Client update still fails to work for us.  What does it do?  It
> downloads a clientupdate binary to the ~client/tmp directory.  It can
> run manually:

Thanks to a lot of help from David, I managed to figure out what was
going on. David has two servers that the client reports to, and the
download code simply could not handle that setup - it would end up
trying to download the new client file from a server at IP "0.0.0.0".
Which happens to work on some systems (it's handled like 127.0.0.1),
but not all.

The solution is in the current snapshot (updated at 07:03 AM UTC today),
and requires updating the client-side "bb" utility. Note that this
only bites you if you have multiple servers that your clients report to,
i.e. BBDISP is "0.0.0.0".