[hobbit] Madness

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Aug 4 07:57:16 CEST 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 10:52:05AM +0800, Everett, Vernon wrote:

> Will Hobbit be OK monitoring 2 separate clients with the same host name?
>
> I know this is madness, but right now, I have to live with it.

You must configure the client on each of them, so they use different
hostnames when reporting to the Hobbit server. Otherwise, Hobbit cannot
tell what server the data is from.

The script you use to start the client - ~hobbit/client/runclient.sh -
has a --hostname=NAME option that lets you set the name it uses to
report data.

So you'd setup two host entries in bb-hosts on the server, e.g.
"pluto" and "oldpluto", and on the old server you'd start the client
with "--hostname=oldpluto".