[hobbit] client info

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:59:14 CEST 2006

Hello Massimo,

2006/8/2, Morsiani, Massimo <massimo.morsiani at gilbarco.com>:
> Hi Etienne,
>
> do you plan to introduce that centralized mode in BBWin just like hobbit client?

Yes, even if the local configuration is different than the hobbit unix
client, BBWin handle the centralized mode as the Unix client so there
will be no confusion. However, some agents like the svcs agent will
certainly be able to work only in local mode because there is no
equivalent on the Unix side.

> Do you plan to add a GUI interface to BBWin just like BigBrother official client?

Yes, but I have not too much on that point for the moment. I tried to
develop an mmc console for BBWin but the API to do this is really a
pain. So you will have to wait a little bit for the GUI. sorry.

> Regards.
>
> Massimo Morsiani
> Information Technology Dep.
> ------
> Gilbarco S.p.a.
> via de' Cattani, 220/G
> 50145 Firenze
> tel:    +39-055-30941
> fax:    +39-055-318603
> email:  massimo.morsiani at gilbarco.com
> web:    http://www.gilbarco.it
>

> PS. Your BBWin was the kick-off to switch from BigBrother to HobbitMon. Thanks again!

You are welcome :) but hobbitmon itself deserves to switch from
BigBrother to hobbitmon :)

--
Etienne GRIGNON