[hobbit] Oratns

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 2 09:25:58 CEST 2006

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 09:36:28AM +0800, Everett, Vernon wrote:

> How do I make it check for more than one Oracle listener?
> For reasons unknown to me, we are running multiple listeners on separate
> ports on a server.

I'm surprised - I thought you could not have more than one tns listener
per system. Oh well - I don't know one bit about Oracle DB; I've only
worked with their J2EE application server.

The problem with it is that even though you can put multiple "oratns"
tests into the bb-hosts file, each of them will cause a separate status
message. So what you'll see on the Hobbit display is the result of only
one of the tests.

My best suggestion is to copy the [oratns] section in bb-services so
you have [oratns], [oratns1], [oratns2] and so up to the number of
listeners you have on a single host. Then you can define them with
their respective port numbers in the bb-hosts file, like

1.2.3.4	name.domain.com # oratns1:1545 oratns2:1546

Then there will be separate status columns for each of the listeners.