hobbit gentoo ebuild?

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Sun Apr 30 11:23:59 CEST 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Tony Larco wrote:

> Here is the one my friend and I created.  We are by no means developers, we
> were just trying to give something back to the community that has given us so
> much.  My friend corresponded with Henrik regarding a few issues and Herink
> was a great help as always.  This is the working ebuild we hacked together.
> It still needs a lot of work, but it may save you some time in your endeavors.

Thanks!

I rewrote it somewhat and made a new init-script for the client (I dont have the
server on gentoo, so I did nothing there).  I made it use  /usr/lib/hobbit instead
of /home/hobbit and made etc, tmp and logs symlinks to /etc/hobbit,
/var/tmp/hobbit and /var/log/hobbit since that's what the debian package does.

Since the username "hobbit" is too likely to collide with already existing
user name, I make a hobbit-c user for the client (hobbit-s for the server)
and put in group adm (I have extension scripts that require the hobbit
client user to be in adm group)

Anyways.. I have attached my current hobbit-client ebuild :)

For some reason I didnt get stop-start-daemon to work when stopping the
prosesses, so I ended up using pkill instead.

> Gentoo could really benefit from a good hobbit ebuild script.

Indeed

--
Kolbjørn Barmen
UNINETT Driftsenter