[hobbit] Question from a Hobbit n00b

Einar Eliassen Einar.Eliassen at ergo.no
Fri Apr 28 12:57:02 CEST 2006

Hello again

Sorry about the lack of information.

The thin client is running Linux (Thinstation). So I guess you can use grep
on the processes to filter out the wfclient process.
While we're at it; would also be nice to do this with the rdesktop client.

The clients have hostnames. But would pinging them be required ? If Hobbit
can extract info from them, then can't they be set to 'online' status ?
Dunno how much load pinging of 4000-4500 clients would cause....

I'd like every poll of the clients (using standard poll times like 5min or
more) to display how many of the clients were online at that time and how
many of those were running the wfclient or rdesktop client. Counts displayed
in numbers and graphs using the total number of clients available to Hobbit
as the max. (no max on wfclient or rdesktop processes as these can be run
multiple times on each client)

One graph for online clients.
One graph for how many clients are running one wfclient process.
One graph for how many clients are running one rdesktop process.
One graph for how many clients are running one wfclient and one rdesktop
process.
One graph for how many clients are running two or more wfclient processes.
One graph for how many clients are running two or more rdesktop processes.

Hope this clears things up, if not let me know! :)

Regards,

Einar Eliassen

  _____