[hobbit] Re: netstat -s output for hpux 11.11 (11i)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Apr 23 18:00:25 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 03:54:02PM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:
> It is very hard to get bytes out of HP-UX. Is this an answer for you?
>

> # lanadmin -g mibstats 0
[snip]

> PPA Number                      = 0
> Description                     = lan0 Hewlett-Packard LAN Interface Hw Rev 0
> Inbound Octets                  = 3111235429
> Outbound Octets                 = 3892111463

Ah yes, this is what I'm after.

I managed to dig up some HP-UX man-pages, and as far as I can tell you
need to use the lanscan command to determine the "PPA" numbers that are
valid, and then the lanadmin command above to get the statistics for
each interface card. Correct ?

In that case, I would think that the HP-UX client code should do
something like

   lanscan -p | while read PPA; do lanadmin -g mibstats $PPA; done

Would that work ? And does it require root privs ?

Thanks,