[hobbit] Hobbit Monitor 4.2-alfa-20060404 and dns

Frank M. Ramaekers FRamaekers at ailife.com
Thu Apr 20 22:38:57 CEST 2006

That seems to work...

$ ./adig -s 10.2.0.21 -t A aildc1.ailife.com
id: 51361
flags: qr aa rd ra
opcode: QUERY
rcode: NOERROR
Questions:
        aildc1.ailife.com.              A
Answers:
        aildc1.ailife.com.      3600    A       10.2.0.21
NS records:
Additional records:
$ ./adig -s 10.2.0.22 -t A aildc2.ailife.com
id: 50599
flags: qr aa rd ra
opcode: QUERY
rcode: NOERROR
Questions:
        aildc2.ailife.com.              A
Answers:
        aildc2.ailife.com.      3600    A       10.2.0.22
NS records:
Additional records:

But when I had the 'dns' in the bb-hosts it NEVER went green.

Details showed:
Service dns on DNS1 is not OK : Service unavailable

Server failed
Seconds: 0.000

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.
Systems Programmer; MCP, MCP+I, MCSE & RHCE
American Income Life Insurance Company