[hobbit] ephermal tests - TheState

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 10 12:25:14 CEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 09:01:01AM +0100, Mario wrote:
> I'm a current Big Brother user, who is looking into Hobbit.  I was wondering
> if anything like TheState existed?

I'm not familiar with this BB extension, so please explain a bit more
what it does and how it's used.

> Is migrating from BB to hobbit difficult?

No. You can re-use all of your bb-hosts configuration, clients,
and client-side extensions. Server-side (on the BBDISPLAY server)
extensions may need some work - many run just fine on Hobbit.

Your alert-configuration will need to be re-written; Hobbit has a
completely different alert setup.

You can replace the BB clients you use with the Hobbit client; it gives
you some nice features, but is not required for the initial migration.

If you're using the LARRD add-on, you'll need to re-arrange your RRD
files into a new directory structure; there's a script in the Hobbit
sources that does it for you.