[hobbit] Antwort: [hobbit] BBWin 0.5 available

Etienne Grignon etienne.grignon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 20:33:36 CEST 2006

Hello,

2006/4/6, cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com <
cits.bogajewski at daimlerchrysler.com>:

> Hello Etienne,
>
> i have some problems to get my external scripts running, using bbwin 0.5
> The main problem is, that i cant troubleshoot in the right manner, because
> the output of script execution does not appears in any kind of log, even
> thought the logging level is set to debug. the only reporting i get is
> those from CPU Test and some startup/shutdown messages.
>
> Would you mind to redirect the output of external script launched in any
> manner to dedicated or at least main log file in future releases? This
> would be helpful in some situations.
>
> Anyway, the core part of your client seems to work perfect out of the box.
> So finally my monitoring solution is 100% Open Source. Thanks.
>
> Cheers,

I will try to help you. If BBWin can't execute the external, you should see
a warning event in the eventlog. If no event is present with externals agent
loaded then, it means that the external has been executed with success. The
first thing you should do is to run from a command line console each one of
your externals to be sure where reports files are saved. If the directory is
different than the BBWin tmp directory default, then, change the path inside
your externals or if you can't modify it, just change the BBWin registry
setting.(LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BBWin\tmpPath).

For the future versions, I have to do logging smarter. For example, too much
debug in CPU and not enough in the others one (for externals agent for
example as you suggest me). I will work on it. About the debug mode, you
should only put it on when you have troubles because if you let the debug
mode on during too much time, the log file may fill all your space :)

Thank you for your feedback,

--
Etienne GRIGNON