[hobbit] dns query failed?

Keio Oyama oyama at impress.co.jp
Tue Sep 27 10:52:54 CEST 2005

Figaro, Henrik,

thanks!!
I tried the debugging, and found the misconfiguration of dns servers.
also, the mismatch of the number (bb-hosts and dns-queries) was due to
a line in the bb-hosts;
    :
   1.2.3.4   host.hoge.com     # http://www.hoge.com/
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
there is 152 IPs, and 153 HOSTs.

-Keio

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:21:45 +0000 (UTC)
Henrik Storner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:

> In <A10E03C9E3F97E4CB33471F96A6F6BEE01AC493B at EXC2K02CLU.mgen.fij> "FIGARO Nicolas" <nfigaro at effigie.fr> writes:
>
> >You should have some infos in the logfile. (bb-network.log)
> >Add a --debug to this line and restart hobbit for more infos :
> >       CMD bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse
>
> >Run hobbit.sh reload afterwards and check the bb-network.log.
>
> If you only need to run bbtest-net once to get the debug output,
> you can do it by hand through the "bbcmd" utility:
>
>    bbcmd bbtest-net --report --ping --checkresponse --debug
>
> To get the failing DNS lookup, look for a "DNS lookup failed"
> message.
>

> Henrik