[hobbit] Error when running on Solaris 9

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Sep 19 18:36:46 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:42:58AM -0400, Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Just built the lastest snapshot on a Solaris 9.
> I got it to compile  but when I run I get in variour log files:
> ld.so.1 /path to hobbit program/  : fatal : libpcre.so: open failed no
> such file or directory

Add the directory where you have the PCRE library installed to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting for your Hobbit user. E.g. set it in the
default /etc/profile.

If you don't want to put it there, the easiest solution is probably
to add the definition to the top-level Makefile for Hobbit, like

  RUNTIMEDEFS="LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/pcre/lib"

then running "make clean; make; make install" again.