[hobbit] New version of hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Sep 7 07:55:07 CEST 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 07:42:32PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> Just wondering if we are likely to see the next version of hobbit soon?
> I'm hoping to get a debian client package that I can easily roll out
> across the network to replace all my old BB installations.

I haven't been able to work as much on Hobbit as I'd have liked to these
past couple of weeks. I've been having some problems with my back so
sitting down has been difficult, and that's kept me from doing much
coding.

It's getting better now, so hopefully I can get going with the new
version over the week-end, with a release in a couple of weeks or so.

I've also found out that I need to have some more formal bug tracking
system, because I'm beginning to lose track of the pending issues.
I take it to be a sign that Hobbit is in fact a success since there are
people using it :-) Anyway, I'll probably start using something like
http://www.hswn.dk/flyspray/

> PS, do you know what would be needed to support a debian repository so
> people can just add the lines to their apt/sources files and
> automatically see when updates are available?

I've been looking at setting that up, but haven't gotten around to it.
I don't think it's terribly difficult, so I'll try to get it done.