local TCP test

Mirko Saam saam at tomikoni.de
Fri Oct 21 14:57:45 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have written a netstat tcp test, which i find particularly useful.
"netstat" tcp connections sent by the hobbit client will be
scanned on the hobbit server for sourceport, targetport and connection
state.
This helps you verify that a process is listening on port 80,
that at least 5 connections are established to your database server,
that the telnet port is really closed or
that there are no more than 100 connections in TIME_WAIT state.
The handling/display is quite similar to the "PROC" option in
hobbit-clients.cfg.

If there is interest, I would like to contribute it, because i think
that hobbit is a great tool (I'm currently migrating from bb). How is
the procedure?

Regards,
Mirko