another approach: http check tweaking

Paul Bliss pbliss at techvalleycom.com
Thu Oct 20 23:21:56 CEST 2005

Hello all,
 I'm having a bear of a time trying to figure out why my http checks are intermittently timing out on me. It will work fine for hours, and then I'll get an http timeout. It's been REALLY hard to catch it while it's happening because the "outage" lasts between 10 and 50 seconds. All this started after the Hobbit system was rudely rebooted so I'm reluctant to believe that there's a real problem. So my revised question, is the http monitor tweakable to be more permissive or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance,
Paul