[hobbit] http monitor is reporting servers down that actually aren't

Paul Bliss pbliss at techvalleycom.com
Thu Oct 20 17:53:34 CEST 2005

Thank you very much Henrik, for your help.

When I do:
server:/# /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/bbcmd bbtest-net --debug HOSTNAME.FROM.BBHOSTS
2005-10-17 09:18:56 Using default environment file /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
server:/#

That's all I get. I'm sorry if I'm just really new at Hobbit (which I am) but I'm not sure if that's the info it's supposed to return to me.

In the actual error page when it's reporting an outage it says:
* http://HOSTNAME.FROM.BBHOSTS/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.33

The problem with trying to debug this issue is that the "outages" typically last about 9 seconds, so by the time I go to look at the Hobbit box, the "outage" is over.

This only is effecting http monitored hosts and is not really specific to which one.

Again, thank you so much to all who are taking the time to read this and help out.

-Paul