[hobbit] upgrade to 4.1.2 breaks netapp qtree graphing

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Tue Oct 18 22:18:41 CEST 2005

Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> I have some custom edits to this file, so that is why they won't match.
>  Since we're using inodes in troubleshooting, here is the def I'm using:
>
> [inode]
>         FNPATTERN inode(.*).rrd
>         TITLE inode Utilization
>         YAXIS % Full
>         DEF:p at RRDIDX@=@RRDFN@:pct:AVERAGE
>         LINE2:p at RRDIDX@#@COLOR@:@RRDPARAM@
>         -u 100
>         -l 0
>         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
>         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
>         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
>         GPRINT:p at RRDIDX@:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n
>
> I will check this file further and see if my custom edits are still
> necessary, but would it make sense to blame the def if the graphs in the
> trends column are right while the inode column is not?  I would think
> that since they likely use the same def, the graph would be broken in
> both places.

Poked around some more and noticed that the when I view the graph within
the inode column display, the URL referenced by that graph with a single
value has the parameter "count=1" in it.  If I follow that link, it show
the historical graphs with 1 filesystem in each.  If I make the
count=2+, more filesystems show up.  Is the count=1 being passed along
somehow (maybe as a default) when I first drill down into the column?

Tom