[hobbit] Hobbit stop graphing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 18 15:22:27 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 02:34:04PM +0200, Frédéric Mangeant wrote:
> Charles Jones a écrit :
>
> >Unless you have a custom kernel and/or 64bit arch, you cannot have a
> >single file larger than 2GB, even with reiserfs.
>
> I'm running a vanilla 2.4.28 kernel with ext3 on my main bbgen server
> and files > 2 Gb are handled well :

The thing is - for >2GB files to work, your application must be compiled
with -DLARGE_FILE_OFFSET (or something similar - this is from memory).
Some systems have this on by default, others require that you add it
by hand (and even then, some apps croak on it is they mistakenly use
an "int" instead of a "size_t" for their file-offset related variables).

So it's not only an issue of kernel- and libc-versions, but also of
how the application was compiled.